Situation for SCB
Before there were several potential areas of improvement. First of all, the frontline staff lacked the tools to send direct service requests. Overall, it did not make sense to the staff to create tickets – it wasn‘t convenient at all. In addition, there was no forum or audience for employees to comment and send feedback on internal services. Last but not least, there were no channels to guide employees, publish IT announcements promptly or interact directly between support staff and front-line staff.
During the presentation by Microsoft and xspera, a simple and convincing solution became apparent. A solution by the implementation of an easy and secure to be determined tool for all employees. This tool should offer:
- Improve collaboration of field staff with IT helpdesk.
- Receive IT service requests within minutes, maybe even seconds.
- A tool, which can be integrated with Jira and other platforms.
- Preferably a free tool.
Fresh from the start SCB, Microsoft and xspera set off to make this idea a reality.
Microsoft Kaizala is a phone number-based, easy-to-use and secure mobile communication platform, which includes an App area to provide centralized functionality for all Kaizala users in a closed group. With xspera‘s expertise in Kaizala and as one of the few Microsoft HiPo (High Potential) Gold Partners with direct access to Microsoft development, a full-fledged solution was designed:
- The SCB organizational structure, users and groups were mapped to the Kaizala platform, including appropriate access and rights management.
- An additional SCB-specific Microsoft Kaizala App was developed to connect and coordinate all IT helpdesk activities across the SCB network. A network that now even includes the smartphones of all employees, whether it is a company or a BYOD device.
- xspera implemented SharePoint Online as a management center to manage all involved employees and the Kaizala App. This way, SCB can easily manage all users, configure forums and groups, and manage the dashboard and reports centrally and conveniently.
Overall, a simple approach that is also a secure, compliant and even convenient solution based on best practices and positive user experience. A KIS solution: Keep It Simple.
After a short pilot phase and the integration of all participants into the Kaizala environment, the advantages became increasingly obvious. More than 200 front-line business units are now connected to the head office staff. Today, it is easier than ever for employees to create tickets, give feedback and comment on internal IT services. If necessary, employees can easily track the status of support requests and request a timely response.
Overall communication and collaboration between all stakeholders have improved, which has a positive impact on employee satisfaction.
Benefits for SCB
After completion, the most important areas of improvement became obvious:
- The professional environment and internal customer satisfaction at SCB have noticeably improved.
- Communication and collaboration „distance“ between the business unit and back office employees in the head office is reduced.
- Administrative effort and manual tasks of the IT service desk are reduced.
- Cooperation between involved parties has now become more effective and efficient.
- Employees are integrated via surveys and communication channels.
Bottom line: a solution, which exceeded SCB requirements and added additional benefit for day by day use.